Travelling downriver with style and ease is something every kayaker aims for. This bespoke programme makes it possible!
The downriver freestyle course is aimed at anyone wanting to push their paddling to the next level of verticality and style! Whether you just want to perfect your tailies or build confidence in holes, or you are looking for a longer-term programme to go from confident cruiser to downriver freestyle wizard, the downriver freestyle programme can be tailored to suit you.
On the downriver freestyle programme, our aim is to unlock those elements of your river-running that make the whole experience most dynamic, enjoyable and expressive.
To do this, we will utilise both surf and flatwater environments, on top of the river environment, as each one has its lessons to teach in enhancing your river experience.
· This course can be offered as a 1-day option or as part of an ongoing programme of coaching.
· Pre-requisites – some whitewater experience, with a reliable whitewater roll, but no specific grade of whitewater, as these skills can be acquired in any environment at any level.
· Recommendations – comfortable on G3/4, but seeking to up playability. Ideally a half-slice or full-on slicey boat, though creekboats will suffice, depending on precise learner desires/aspirations.
· Pricing – £95 per day, or £85 per day for a 5-session programme.
· Max. 4 learners at the same time.
Matt is a truly inspirational coach. He has endless patience, and an enthusiasm for kayaking that is unparalleled. He also has a keen eye for technique, and a knack for explaining it in an understandable way.
Matthew is a talented paddler and very good coach. I had already worked on the key elements of the move but Matthew was able to quickly spot the missing ingredients and had me getting the boat vertical in no time. Would recommend.
Does this sound like it will float your boat? Fill in a few details below and we will be in touch, with more information and the next available course dates.
Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)
Your Phone Number
Which Course are you interested in? (required) Down River FreestyleFlat Water FreestyleRiver ConfidenceSeal SpottingSomething Else!
Is there anything, in particular, you would like to get out of this course?